Tedd and I ran in the 5K at Lincoln Parish Park Saturday morning. We didn't realize it was a trail run until we got there that morning. It was the hardest race I'd ever run. I hadn't trained at all or even been running consistently for that matter. Tedd hasn't run consistently since he got out of the Marine Corps 8 years ago! We had a bet about who would win. Ofcourse, I beat him! He may be bigger and stronger than me BUT he has never beat me in a long distance race!
I was so proud of him for running and finishing! It was a really hilly and unsteady course. I hated every minute of it! It did inspire me to get back into running several times a week though! I love running it's just so hard to find the time with 2 little ones.
We treated our selves to a night out with friends that evening. We went to eat at Portico and hung out. We had 2 college students come over to Amy and Brett's and keep all 5 kids! Sydney is a big help with the little ones although she thought she was as big as Maggie and Sloan (the babysitters). When we got home around 10:00 they were on a pallet watching High School Musical and belting out the words! It was cute! I promise I don't let my children stay up that late very often but it was a needed night out and kind of last minute!

No comments:
Post a Comment